We are excited to announce that the SkyBell HD video doorbell is now compatible with the Kevo, Touch-to-OpenTM Smart Lock from Kwikset. The idea of seeing who is at your door from a smartphone and letting them in remotely has been attractive to SkyBell HD and Kevo users – and now it’s possible to link the apps for added convenience.
The SkyBell HD – Kevo integration allows a SkyBell HD user to remotely unlock
their door from the Kevo app while watching a live SkyBell HD video stream – from an iOS mobile device.
SkyBell Connect API Program
This is another big milestone for the SkyBell Connect API program. Kevo is the first smart lock to have a direct integration with the SkyBell HD video doorbell.
SkyBell Connect is a closed API program that provides a robust collection of API triggers and actions for partner platforms and products. The list of partners working with (or will be working with) SkyBell Connect APIs includes Honeywell, Nest via Works with Nest, IControl, Amazon Echo, IFTTT and Comcast Xfinity Home.
Steps to Get Started
- Configure your SkyBell HD device with the SkyBell HD app
- Install the Kevo app
How to Use the Feature
- While watching video stream in the SkyBell HD app, tap the gear icon in the lower right corner
- In the pop-up window, tap the Kevo icon
- This will open the Kevo app
- Then use the Kevo app to unlock your door
- When finished in the Kevo app, tap the red SkyBell HD header at the top of the screen
- Complete your SkyBell HD video call
If the Kevo icon does not appear in the SkyBell pop-up window, ensure
that the Kevo app is already installed and functioning properly on your phone
Please note: if you do not have the Kevo app, then the Kevo icon will not appear in the SkyBell HD app
The android integration will be available in a few weeks. Stay tuned for more information.
SkyBell Customer Service
General email: email@example.com
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5pm (PST); Sat-Sun 8am to 2pm (PST)